Our popular KIARO model is also available with an extra boost. The PMAX version features a minimalist, lightweight motor on the rear hub and a battery hidden in the down tube – integration at the highest level. The whole package delivers the perfect mix of the lowest possible weight and optimal support at the same time. Particularly on the mountain, nothing’s holding you back.
Who’s the Kiaro Pmax perfect for? And what makes the e-roadbike so special? We’ve got the answers for you: Headwind, tough mountain stages, riding with riders of different levels of ability: There are many reasons to get the new Kiaro Pmax with built-in tailwind. What’s more, the slim battery takes up so little space that the difference between the Kiaro and a bike without drive unit is barely noticeable. Another highlight: its low weight. It weighs in at only about 10.7 kg – simply incredible! What else does the e-roadbike made by Simplon’s team of tinkerers have to offer? Let’s find out!
- For the Kiaro Pmax, Simplon relies on the Flat Mount Standard for optimum integration of the brake – perfect for the aerodynamics of the roadbike.
- The compact 2-kg hub drive unit by Ebikemotion is seamlessly integrated between sprocket cluster and disc. It reaches a torque of up to 40 Nm and supports the rider especially on mountain passages at a speed of up to 26 km/h. When not in support mode, the motor rotates practically without any resistance and allows for efficient riding on flat terrain – just like a standard roadbike.
- Battery management is particularly smart: Hidden in the downtube, there’s a 250-Wh battery. If you need more power for longer tours, you can mount one or two range extenders at the two bottle cage positions and increase the capacity to up to 670 Wh.
- The control unit is perfectly integrated into the top tube. Via a button, you can select between three levels of support and the display shows you the battery capacity. Optionally, the system can be hooked up to your smartphone via an app, which gives you several additional functions.
- The prominent fin on the left side of the bottom bracket ensures optimum torsional rigidity and maximum propulsion.
- Design and function are unique: Fork and frame blend in with each other and seem as if they were made from one piece. The fork has a particularly round and soft look which ensures appropriate fibre alignment at the transition of the crown race and the lower bearings. This significantly increases stability and stiffness of the fork.
Cherished and loved: the innovative technologies by Simplon. The Kiaro Pmax boasts a number of high-end highlights: The optional steerer-stem unit in combination with internal cable routing via the headset gives the bike a super clean look and prevents the cables from getting tangled. Thanks to the Comfort Concept, the bike offers highest sitting comfort. Top tube, seat stays and seat tube constitute a beautiful unit at the point where they merge. The Raptor Dropout technology – rear-facing dropouts – ensures a higher vertical flax and more comfort at the fork, which is especially helpful when riding over road bumps.
- Advanced Internal Cable Routing more information
- Asymmetric Chainstays more information
- Comfort Concept more information
- EPS Molded more information
- Hot Melt Carbon more information
- Hollow Carbon Dropouts more information
- HPMC more information
- I-Cone+ more information
- Integrated Chain Catcher more information
- Raptor Dropout more information
- Roadthruaxle more information
- Smart Headset more information
- Specific Tubes more information
- Triple Fusion more information
- UD Carbon more information
- Vibrex more information
- Maximum Power Transfer more information
There are many optional features available for the Kiaro Pmax. How about a range extender, for instance? An additional 250 Wh significantly increase the range of the e-roadbike. By the way, the additional battery can be attached right at the charging socket.
Does the e-roadbike fit your proportions and riding style? Which frame size do you need? The geometry table by Simplon helps you find the right e-roadbike for your individual needs. Because there’s one thing you should know: The geometry is the deciding factor in how your bike acts on the road!
|A||Seat tube length mm|
|B||Top tube length|
|C||Head tube angle|
|D||Seat tube angle|
|E||Head tube length|
|H||Bottom bracket drop|
|K||Fork offset (rake)|
|M||Stand over height|
|STR*||Stack to Reach|
*STR: The higher the number, the more upright is the seating postion.
Simplon Experience Center
At Simplon’s Experience Center in Hard, you get to experience the fascination with our bikes first hand.