Sengo Pmax tested by Elektrorad
The magazine Elektrorad (radfahren.de) has tested E-MTB novelties from various suppliers – among them, the Sengo Pmax by Simplon. Their verdict: "very good".
Tested by the magazine Elektrorad: the Sengo Pmax
A carbon e-MTB for any terrain
radfahren.de put the Simplon Sengo Pmax to the test – and the results are finally in! The expert jury was impressed and rated the E-MTB "very good". Find out what the strengths of the e-hardtail are and what makes this Simplon bike so special!
Contender as an SUV e-bike
Aluminium mudguards, Racktime luggage rack and a powerful lighting system – those are the reasons why the bike testers of radfahren.de are convinced: The Sengo Pmax belongs in the new trendy category of "SUV e-bike"! (Good to know: The three components can be optionally added to or removed from the bike). The relatively flat seat angle, 100-mm travel of the front fork and wide Schwalbe MTB tyres all speak for the bike's off-road capabilities.
Powerful drive unit
The powerhouse among drive units, the Performance Line CX motor by Bosch, ensures you’re off to a powerful start thanks to its high torque. Incidentally, the total weight of the E-MTB including motor is only 21.84 kg. The Sengo Pmax easily copes with forest and gravel trails and always stays “on track”. "Even on moderate downhill trails, the SUV bike remains an easy-to-control and incredibly fun bike”, say the testers of radfahren.de.
Details of the tested XT12 configuration
- Frame: carbon
- Fork: SR Suntour Raidon, 100 mm
- Brakes: hydraulic disc brakes, Shimano Deore XT M8100 (4 pistons), 203/203 mm
- Shifting system: derailleur, Shimano Deore XT, 11 gears
- Light system: f: B+M IQ-X, 100 lux / b: B+M IXXI
- Tyres: Schwalbe Nobby Nic, 29×2.35
- Drive unit: mid-mounted motor, Bosch Performance Line CX, 85 Nm, display: Bosch Kiox, 625-Wh battery
- Other details: carbon seat post, Racktime luggage rack, optional 1125-Wh add-on battery, aluminium mudguards
The jury of radfahren.de was quite impressed by the Simplon Sengo Pmax, rating it "very good". It’s an "off-road friendly SUV with a powerful drive unit" featuring state-of-the-art technology. Go to the detailed test report (available in German online)!
The Sengo Pmax sounds perfect to you? Check out the bike and all details!