Rated best by „aktiv Radfahren” | The Simplon Spotlight in the spotlight
The testers of “aktiv Radfahren” have rated the Simplon Spotlight number 1. What are the special strengths of this trekking bike? Find out in the test review!
In the spotlight: the Spotlight trekking bike by Simplon
Rated with a straight “A”
The aktiv Radfahren magazine has put the Simplon Spotlight through the acid test. The result: It was rated best! Find out what the strengths of the trekking bike are and what sets this Simplon bike apart from the competition!
Well-made all around
What the experts noticed first was the bike’s finely crafted frame made of aluminium. With its special tube cross-sections, it skilfully combines propulsion and comfort. What else characterises the frame? On the Simplon Spotlight, all cables are routed internally giving the bike a clean look. Speaking of looks: The smooth transitions and the blue colour give the trekking bike a certain regal elegance. By the way: There are three colour options to choose from.
Perfect for everyday life
The bike is optimally suited for everyday use, for commuting or for trekking – according to the testers of aktiv Radfahren. Riders take on a moderate and athletic sitting position, it has a great feel, and it can be manoeuvred over rough terrain. Additionally, it boasts an impressive power transfer as well as strong and precisely controllable Deore brakes.
- frame: aluminium
- fork: Rockshox Paragon, 65 mm
- shifting system: Rohloff, 14 gears
- roll out: 1.63 – 8.55 m
- wheels: hub: hub dynamo Shimano / Rohloff, rims: Simplon Disc, 32 L
- tyres: Schwalbe Marathon, 28“, 40 mm
- brakes: hydraulic disc brakes Shimano Deore 180/180 mm
- cockpit: stem: Simplon Zero II, handlebars: Riser, grips: Velo, screw-fastened
- seatpost: Simplon Lite Rod 3
- saddle: Sportourer Zoo Flow
- light system: B+M Lumotec IQ-X / Shine Evo, integrated
- rear rack: Racktime Shine Evo, mudguards: SKS, rear stand: Hebie Lite Fix 40
The jury of aktiv Radfahren was impressed by the Simplon Spotlight and rated it best with the mark “A”. It’s a “well-conceived and skilfully crafted, low maintenance and reasonably priced trekking bike” for riders with high expectations.
To the in-depth test review >>
You’re interested in the Spotlight trekking bike? Go ahead and customise your dream bike with the Simplon bike configurator!