99 units only: PAVO IV RAW LIMITED
Even in its standard version, the PAVO IV is a very special racing bike. Now you have the unique chance to grab one of 99 unpainted models - the PAVO IV RAW LIMITED Edition!
Light, aerodynamic, fast: the PAVO IV
The SIMPLON PAVO has long history as a legend among the fastest racing bikes in the world. It has always been orientated towards the highest demands of racers and professionals. In its fourth model generation, the UCI-conform road racer offers an unprecedented fusion of lightweight construction and aerodynamics. This perfect balance of a lightweight frame and aerodynamic properties was made possible on the one hand by complex flow simulations during frame development - and on the other hand by new standards in frame production.
High-tech carbon out of the pressure chamber
When producing the PAVO IV carbon frame in Portugal, we process the highest quality carbon fibres by hand to create a full monocoque frame. The frame is then baked under pressure in a so-called "autoclave" - a production method that is also used in aerospace and Formula 1 racing. You can ready more details about the frame production process of the PAVO IV in this magazine article.
The highlight: thanks to its exceptionally high material and production quality, the PAVO IV carbon frame is ready for use without painting!
The LIMITED edition - limited to 99 pieces
Due to the costly process required to produce a ready for use unpainted frame, raw carbon bikes enjoy an "exotic status". However, we were so fascinated by the incomparable look and feel of the raw carbon surface of the PAVO IV that we decided to manufacture 99 bikes without paint. Not one piece more. Each one numbered consecutively.
The modified SIMPLON logo
In addition to its striking raw surface, the PAVO IV RAW LIMITED boasts another special feature: the SIMPLON logo, modified exclusively for the RAW LIMITIED edition, merges with an elegant eagle's wing and a proud eagle's head. Light, enduring, wild and rare: the PAVO IV RAW LIMITED soars like an eagle among racing bikes.
The facts at a glance
- Unpainted frame in outstanding carbon quality
- Specially adapted SIMPLON logo
- Limited to 99 hand-made units
- 60 gram weight saving compared to the painted standard model in the colour variant Carbon Glossy / Silver Glossy
- Equipment (the RAW LIMITED Edition comes with a smaller choice of configuration options than the standard model):
- Frame: PAVO IV RAW LTD
- Gear shift group: Shimano Dura-Ace 24 Di2; 11-34 cassette; compact crank (50/34 teeth) or semi-compact (52/36) (selectable)
- Brakes and levers: Shimano ST-R9270; Discbrake Flatmount BR-R9270; Rotor MT-900 (Ø 160/160 mm)
- Handlebar: SIMPLON ARC1 (handlebar-stem unit with selectable length and width)
- Distances: up to 30 mm
- Wheel set: DT Swiss ARC1100 50 mm
- Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Boost Covered (L) Super Flow Manganese frame
- Price: € 11,499